Warmer waters mean that several rivers in southwest Montana will close to fishing during the afternoon.
“Hoot-owl” restrictions prohibit fishing during the hottest times of the day — from 2 p.m. to midnight each day. The restrictions apply to the following rivers:
• The lower Gallatin River from the Highway 84 bridge near Four Corners to the Missouri River.
• The lower Ruby River from Duncan District Road to the Beaverhead River.
• The Big Hole River from the North Fork of the Big Hole River to Dickie Bridge west of Wise River, and from Maidenrock fishing access site to the Beaverhead River.
• The lower Beaverhead River from Anderson Lane to the Jefferson River.
• The entire Jefferson River.
Each of these areas have seen water temperatures exceeding 73 degrees for at least three consecutive days.
. . . . Read the entire article on the MTStandard.com website >>